Orphan and Widow Refugees Aid Initiative
Thank you for your ongoing support and generosity.
Through your donations and the hard work of our voluneers, we have reached our goal to provide homes, mental health and rehabilitation, and facilitate education for a community of orphaned children and widows.
Rent has been provided for a building consisting of 15 apartments, each apartment housing about 3 families. Long-term sustainable solutions have also been achieved through the establishment of a salon
- All children lost their father. Some lost both parents.
- Widows (mothers or grandmothers to some of the children)
- Many suffer from war injuries, medical disease or psychological trauma/disorder
- 12 apartments: homes for 36 families.
- 1 apartment for a family that consists of 3 children that lost both parents. One of the children has Down syndrome.
- The remaining 2 apartments are used for women rehabilitation and production:
- Women are taught sewing, cooking and hair and makeup.
- Women will start catering food, work in alteration and in a hair/makeup salon within the building itself. This will bring in income for the whole building.
- Children will be registered in public school and provided transportation.
- Children will get special classes in a classroom within the building to make up for the lost years while in refugee camps.
- Children and women will get mental health.